- Tropical Depression Two Forms
- Severe Weather Week Ahead
- Missouri Flash Flood
- Wild Encounters in the Water
- How Did the Depression Form?
- Could This Save Your Life?
- Inside the Shuttle Atlantis
- Is Google Taking Over the Skies?
- 36 Hours of Rain Did This
- Scariest Cloud EVER?!
- Wildfire's Hidden Dangers
- Biker Crashes Into Cop Car
- More Storms Ahead
- Drought Contributed to Fire Losses
- Forecast for Week Ahead
- Forecast for Week Ahead
- First-Ever Footage of Sea Creature
- Week of the Derecho Explained
- Watch: Boat Sinks..Tourists Saved
- Stormy Weekend in the Plains
- Fire Claims 483 Homes
- A National Look at the Next 3 Days
- Bacteria Closes Beaches
- Illinois Tornado Confirmed
- Shark Crashes Through Cage
- What's a Heat Wave to You?
- Meteorite Proves Possible Mars Life
- Raw Video: Eagle Pass Flooding
- A New Way to Reach the Stars
- Go INSIDE a firefight!
- Puppies Born During Vicious Storm
- Quarter-sized Blood Sucker
- 5 Things That Kill Men
- Horses Rescued from Storm
- Firefighters Make Progress
- CO Wildfire Most Destructive
- Deck Collapse Hurts Dozens
- 'Mothership' Cloud Explained
- Amazing Place: Hawaiian Lava Flows
- World's Most Dangerous Bike
- Martian Mystery Solved!
- Is THIS How We'll Look In the Future?
- 45 Stories Up and STRANDED!
- Is This the Future of Travel?
- Could This End the Human Race?
- Cantore at the Winter Games
- Is the Moon Getting Bigger?
- Multiple Tornado Reports
- Storms Light Up Sky
- Cute, Fuzzy and a BAD Idea
- Two Headed Kitten Born
- Top Five Uses For A Plastic Bag
- Police Prep For Water Rescues
- Lightning in Fast Forward
- Alien Storm Clouds
- Study: Pollution Effects Climate Change
- Derecho Threat for Millions?
- Heat, Above Average Temps Continue
- Hurricane Plan: Make One Now!
- Anti-Aging Drug You Already Have
- Palm Trees at the Winter Games?
- Record-Sized Shark Caught?
- New View of Moore, OK Tornado
- Dining in the Sky
- Waterspout Hits Family Gathering
- Weather and the Hindenburg Crash
- Inside Tumbling TWC Vehicle
- Raw Video: Tornado Flips Semi
- Tornado Hits TWC Crew
- See Funnels Drop from Cloud
- World's Greatest Mystery Solved?
- Safest Weather Cities
Two men have been killed and a third injured after they were struck by lightning during a thunderstorm in Houston on Sunday. Lightning strikes also caused havoc in the Canadian community of Whitby injuring more than a dozen people.
In Texas, Harris County Sheriff's Office spokesman Thomas Gilliland says a men's league soccer club had been playing on a field Sunday when it began to rain around noon.
The men decided to seek shelter underneath some nearby trees.
Gilliland says lightning then struck one of the trees, killng one of the men. Two others were also hit and transported to a Houston hospital, where one of them was pronounced dead.
The third man remains in stable condition at Ben Taub General Hospital.
Authorities have not released the names of any of the men.
The Houston area has been drenched by rain the past week, flooding between 50 and 100 homes.
Also on Sunday, a series of lightning strikes sent more than a dozen people to the hospital after a storm struck an outdoor food festival in Whitby, Ontario, about 35 miles east of Toronto.
Authorities say at least 17 people were injured at the Whitby Ribfest, but none of the injuries were considered serious. A number of people were under a tent used for dining when lightning apparently struck one of the tent poles.
A storm had passed over the location of the festival forcing people to seek shelter under the tent before the lightning strikes.